The best part about this recipe is that it’s simple, and once you have it down, you can replicate this keto bread recipe any time you want. It’s so nice to have a loaf of bread at your disposal when you’re on a keto diet. It almost feels like cheating.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Calories per serving: 90kcal
What You Need:
- ▢8×4 Loaf Pan
- 1 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 6 Large eggs Separated
- 1/4 cup Butter melted
- 3 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar It’s ok if you don’t have this
- 1 pinch Pink Himalayan Salt
- 6 drops Liquid Stevia optional
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Add Cream of Tartar to the whites and beat until soft peaks are achieved.
- In a food processor combine the egg yolks, 1/3 of the beaten egg whites, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt (Adding ~6 drops of liquid stevia to the batter can help reduce the mild egg taste). Mix until combined. This will be a lumpy thick dough until the whites are added.
- Add the remaining 2/3 of the egg whites and gently process until fully incorporated. Be careful not to overmix as this is what gives the bread it’s volume!
- Pour mixture into a buttered 8×4 loaf pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Check with a toothpick to ensure the bread is cooked through. Enjoy! 1 loaf makes 20 slices.
How do I get my loaf to be taller and fluffier?
The two major issues that will lead to a flat loaf is not whipping the egg whites and gently folding them in OR using almond meal instead of a finely ground almond flour. If you’ve tried everything and they don’t seem to be working for you, the next option will be to make a larger recipe. Try making 1.5x this recipe (it’s easy to do using the servings slide bar) and you’ll have a much larger loaf.
One of the tricks in this recipe that takes this keto bread from good to great is the separation of the eggs. You’re going to want to separate the yolks and the whites. The reason for this is that we’re going to whip the whites until they are fluffy. We’re looking for soft peaks.
Happy Keto Diet!
Do you have a recipe you would like to share with other cooks? Please submit your recipe Here!
Sign up today and receive homemade recipes